Positively Influencing Upper Management
Are you frustrated when your manager makes decisions that are not aligned with organizational goals?
Is your manager unavailable, disinterested or indecisive when you need guidance and approvals?
Being really effective at work requires managing relationships well. Managing up is a big part of that. Positively Influencing Upper Management provides perspective and ideas to strengthen the relationship with your manager. You will also learn how to prepare your case, using a strategic approach that is logical and politically sensitive.
In This Guidebook You Will Learn
- What motivates your manager and why they might be unavailable, disinterested or indecisive when you need them.
- Why it is so important that supervisors learn how to ‘influence up’ in a way that creates win-win outcomes.
- How to strategically prepare your case before approaching your manager.
- How to approach your manager to create buy-in and support.
- How to protect yourself and your team when management fails to provide the support necessary to achieve business goals.
- How to promote a more collaborative relationship with your manager that fosters buy-in and continuous support.
Positively Influencing Upper Management is the twenty fifth eBook in The Supervisor’s Safari Guidebook Series. Using a jungle metaphor, we take a lighthearted approach to a serious topic. Follow Jungle Jerry and his crew as they make their way through the jungle, encountering wild beasts and overcoming career challenges along the way.
If you want to turn your boss into a resource for you and your team, join the waitlist for Positively Influencing Upper Management.
Click HERE now!
More Guidebooks From…