Developing Your Team Charter
Is your team struggling to perform because there are no clear guidelines, processes or behavioural norms in place to guide operations?
The answer could mean the difference between a team that performs well together and a group of people who happen to work in the same department.
A Team Charter is much like the foundation of a building, upon which a healthy team can be constructed. Developing Your Team Charter guides you through the process of identifying the team’s overall purpose and values. Designed as team exercises, the resulting documents provide clarity, focus, and inspiration. Each member of your team will understand how the group provides value and how problems will be handled as they arise. It begins by preparing your team to engage fully, rather than viewing the Team Charter as just one more flavour-of-the-day management fad.
- Team questionnaires encourage members to open up in a constructive way.
- Team values exercise identifies the group’s core principals.
- Team gains clarity around who their key clients are and how their product or service fits into the organization’s business plan.
Three Things That Make This Guidebook Different
- By following the steps in this guidebook, you and your team will create and sign a customized Team Charter.
- The Code of Conduct exercise identifies the qualities and behaviours the team believes most important.
- 2 communications assessments are included: 1 for the team and 1 for individual self assessment.
In This Guidebook You Will Learn
- What a Team Charter Is and Why You Need One.
- How to Prepare Your Team for the Team Charter Process.
- How to Lead Your Team Through the Team Charter Process.
- Strategies Commit To and Live Up To Your Team Charter.
Developing Your Team Charter is the tenth ebook in The Supervisor’s Safari Guidebook Series. Using a jungle metaphor, we take a light-hearted approach to a serious topic. Follow Jungle Jerry and his crew as they make their way through the jungle, encountering wild beasts and overcoming career challenges along the way.
Are you ready to build a solid foundation to support high team performance?
Download your copy of Developing Your Team Charter and start today!
More Guidebooks From…